Saturday, September 24, 2016
L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Bright Reveal
I just finished the challenge from L'Oreal and BzzAgent to try L'Oreal's Revitalift Bright Reveal line for 30-days to see how it worked for me. I am a Murad girl, but I love giving other lines a try to see if there may be something better out there for me. I must say, I'm overall satisfied with my end results and my overall opinion of most of the products. The line includes the Daily Scrub Cleanser, Brightening Day Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 30, Brightening Peel Pads and Brightening Dual Overnight Moisturizer.
Let me start with my favorite product in the line....the Day Moisturizer. This is a quickly absorbed cream moisturizer with a fabulous citrusy-beachy scent. I LOVED it. It felt great going on, gives a slight luminescence to the skin, and I especially liked the fact it came with broad spectrum SPF 30. This is the one product in the line I would definitely continue to use.
Next was the night dual moisturizer. This is a nice half gel, half cream moisturizer that felt great going on, absorbed quickly and didn't feel heavy like many overnight moisturizers do. A lot comes out in one pump, and I tried doing half a pump, but found it dried up more in the pump, so I just continued to use a full pump that was enough for face, neck and décolleté.
The peel pads were just like old school Stridex pads in feel and use. I liked these, but felt like after about 2 weeks, they were just a big too much for me to use on a daily basis, so cut back to just using every other night. I would love for these to be actually stronger, and on a weekly basis for better results.
The worst product in the line to me was the Daily Scrub Cleanser, mainly because of 2 words.....plastic microbeads. I thought these things had been banned already in the US? Ugh. Because I was using these as part of a trial, I continued to use it, but threw it in the trash on day 30. I hope they make a change with this. The beads stayed all over my face (I used my Clarisonic with them) and got in my hair too. I regularly use Murad's AHA Cleanser, and I would much rather L'Oreal come up with a weekly cleanser like that with this line, and maybe another daily cleanser.
I don't do selfies....AT ALL (for many reasons), so I did a before and after with my hands, because they are covered in spots and are crepey. I used all the products on my hand when I would use them on my face. As you can see...not much difference in the spots from the before (L) to the after (R) but I did notice a difference in how moisturized my hand was and a slight lessening of the crepeness. On my face, I did notice a more smoother texture over the 30 days and a little bit of lightening of my spots/freckles.
Overall, I would recommend this line for someone who is looking for a better way to care for their skin, brighten and smooth it up a little, without having to spend a ton of money.
***disclosure*** I was given this product for free to review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment