Prayer. That’s what I am here to ask you for....again.
Dad, health-wise is going great. He still has yet to pass his swallow test, but other than that, is getting strong. So strong, that he is ready to be moved out of the step-down unit and into restorative care, which technically, is just rehab.
The reason he isn’t being moved yet....his mental state. Dad is confused and combative. He is getting stronger and now the nurses are having a hard time taking care of him. They had to start restraining him at night. The doctors have told Mom that the confusion is no surprise with what all he has gone through. It’s the combatitiveness that they can’t figure out, and they don’t know what to do, because with every kind of sedative, sleeping pill, etc. he has an adverse reaction.
So, I am here once again, to ask you for your prayers. PLEASE pray for dad’s mental state. If he doesn’t get any better, he will have to go to a nursing home, and I just don’t know if Mom will be able to handle that...or Wade and I for that matter. For those of you who may not know, both of my grandmother’s died of Alzheimer’s and Mom and I were the primary caregivers for them. I don’t know if we can go through that again. We know the Lord has a plan, but I just have a hard time imagining that He would want all these miracles to come and go and Dad not be able to understand what all has happened and thank each and every one of you in person for what you have done. Please, please, please, help us pray for his mind.
I love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment