Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Dad

Hi all!

Since the last e-mail, dad has been put back on the vent, and they may end up “traiking” him so he can have the opportunity to talk and get out of the bed. His kidneys are still iffy....he is teetering on the line of dialysis, something we have all been praying not to happen. He has been running a very high fever and they have been trying to find the source, and yesterday, they believe they found it in one of his IV lines. He is still not responsive, however, yesterday, he was opening his eyes more, just not focusing. They did a EEG and CAT scan on his brain and say that they came back clear, so the only reason he is not communicative yet is believed to be metabolic. He is still in critical condition, but has not gotten any worse, which is good.

For those of you who have emailed and called, I am so sorry I have not gotten back to you....we have to keep our cell phones off in the area, and so I’m not getting the messages until around 8 when I am climbing into bed. Many of you have asked what you can do....again, just pray. We are trying to limit his visitors at the hospital because he is becoming more and more agitated. Mom, Keitha and my 4-year old nephew Sam are at the house, and have also asked for no visitors, since they stay at the hospital 12 hours or more, but you are more than welcome to drop off some food if you like. We found a great daycare that has allowed Sam to come for the time being, so that has been a big help. Keitha is a nurse, so we like to keep her in the room so she can translate to us what is happening.

I will continue to send out these updates for everyone and Mom is also putting this information on their answering machine at home. You are more than welcome to forward this to anyone I may have forgotten or who wants to know.

Again, thanks to you all for being there!


Wen

No comments:

Post a Comment