Hey all!
Here is the update on Dad.
Sunday night, he had a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurism with a 6 hour surgery to repair that. Only 5% survive something like this, so he is nothing short of a miracle. His was so low, that during the surgery, they had to clamp off his kidneys for 20 minutes, so he has been battling kidney failure for the past week. He took in 25 units of blood and about 30 of platelets. He is also experiencing some liver problems, and diabetes (which he was unaware of). He has been in a drug induced coma for the week, but his vitals finally stabilized on Friday, so they have since weaned him off of that. He was taken off his vent on Saturday and is breathing on his own. The bad news is, he is not responsive at this time. He did communicate with Mom and the nurses immediately after his surgery, but due to the loss of blood, there is some fear about his mental status.
I am leaving work everyday and heading to the hospital. I will try to keep everyone up to date as best as I can. Those of you in town are more than welcome to come see him, he is in the CVICU at Baptist East, room 2918, with structured visiting hours at 9a, 11a, 1p, 3p, 5p and 9p for 30 minutes.
I ask that you please pray for his mental status and for mom, who is really having a rough time. He is expected to be in the hospital for at least a month.
I love you all and I know that Dad would say the same if he could!!
Wen
No comments:
Post a Comment